Love snow or hate it, in the dead of winter it is often here to stay, particularly in the northern states. It can feel like it will never go away, even with the knowledge somewhere in the back of your mind that spring has to come again at some point. And when those big snowstorms and blizzards come tearing through to dump mounds of snowflakes, hail, or some interesting combination of different forms of precipitation, driving can become a nightmare. And it is at this point that everyone should feel particularly grateful for heavy duty snow plows.
Navigating the nasty weather
When it comes to the total cost of damages that were weather-related in 2014 within the United States, winter weather was only second to thunderstorms. Winter has a tendency to be merciles Continue reading
Cars today last longer than ever. The average age of cars is 11.4 years old. This is because vehicles last longer today than they used to but is also because people do more to take care of them. More and more of us are taking things like rotating your tires more seriously than before. Proper car and engine maintenance can extend the life of a car and save people a lot of money in expensive auto repair service.
Top 7 Tips for Good Car Maintenance
- Change that oil! This is the single most important thing you can do to keep your car’s engine running smoothly. Few things are as expensive as the auto repair you will need if you neglect your oil. That can destroy your engine. Neglect the oil and you can destroy your engine.
- Do not neglect the other fluids in your car. Make sure you change the transmission oil and pay attention to the differential oils. This is one good way to prevent the need for pricey automotive repair services. At least once a year, replace your brake fluid. It is much less expensive to change the brake fluid than to fix the brake parts that will be damaged if you skip this step.
- Keep your paint looking new with a good wax job. Few things can protect your car more than the paint. The key to keeping your paint job looking new is applying a good wax. This should be done at least twice a year. Not only does it makes your car look great but it protects the body from wear and tear. Before you wax, it may go without saying but you should do a thorough cleaning of the entire vehicle. Get the grime off of the bottom. If you live in a climate where the roads are salted during the winter, take some time when the weather turns warmer to get rid of any of that from the bottom of your car. Taking these steps will also improve the gas mileage you get as any dirt and grime does add to the weight of the vehicle.
- Keep the cooling system healthy by flushing it. You need to flush the system and change out your coolant at least once a year. Check with your mechanic to see if your make and model needs this done more often. Many people use a mixture that is 50% distilled water and 50% coolant. This should work for your vehicle.
- Go in for regular tune ups. These will save you money on gas as your mileage can be improved by about 4% each time you take your car in for a tune up. Make sure you are rotating your tires as often as is recommended. When you have your car in for a tune up, go ahead and have the tires rotated. Rotating your tires is a great way to reduce the wear and tears and can extend their lifespan.
- Keep your brake pads happy by replacing them after about 6,000 miles. Every car is different so check the manual but most require these to be replaced after or around that mark.
- Know your car or truck. Take some time to lean how often it needs to be maintained. Ford recommends its air filters be changed after 30,000 miles while Chevrolet says its vehicles do not need that until they reach 45,000 miles. It does not take much time or any money to take a look at the manual that came with your vehicle or to talk to your mechanic or car dealer.
If you are like most Americans, you love your car. You may not find rotating your tires to be the most fun thing to do but it is important to keep your car in good shape and to avoid needing expensive car repairs. There are also some other things you can do to keep it running healthy and happy. Follow these simple tips and you should be able to keep your car out of the shop and running smoothly.
Having a better understanding of your tools, and the maintenance that they need to stay in the best shape possible is essential. Did you know that the first machine tools that were ever made, were made by hand and date all the way back to 1200 B.C.? Now, the tools and machines are made through factories, where they put the parts together, but the parts still need to be serviced and maintained to ensure that they can work to their maximum potential. Consider some of these facts when it comes to the machine tools that you use on a daily basis.
Obtaining the Highest Quality Machine Tool Repair
Through a machine repair shop Phoenix, you’re better able to enjoy all of the ben Continue reading
If you are starting to look for a car, you have a few decisions to make right away. Your first is, do you go to a dealer or an individual? You can just start by searching Craigslist for “used cars for sale.” There are real benefits to going to a car dealer for new or pre owned cars. If, for example, you decide you want a Chevrolet because those cars are mentioned in a lot of songs you like (there are over one thousand songs that mention this kind of car), your first step should be to look for a local new Chevy dealer.
- You can check out a wide variety of models. Whether you are looking to buy a new car or want a pre owned vehicle the local new Chevy dealer can help you look at both. Take ad Continue reading