A number of construction projects rely on various kinds of heavy construction equipment. With the additions of tipping bars, grouser steel tracks, and other additions and modifications, these heavy pieces of equipment can help complete a number of projects and buildings. Heavy equipment, with the help of ice lugs, for instance can even work in the most difficult of environments and in the most challenging of weather conditions.
As the nation begins to prepare to help the recovery and rebuilding process of Hurricane Harvey, it will require thousands of pieces of heavy equipment and additions like tipping bars and other add ons. From moving broken tree limbs and entire trees to demolishing homes that have been destroyed by flood waters, the heavy equipment that is needed for these projects and the long clean up and rebuilding in the future will be significant.
And while the efforts required for the Hurricane Harvey clean up will be significant, the every day road projects around the country also rely on these heavy pieces of equipment.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the heavy equipment industry and the special add ons that allow for the largest of these projects:
- 28% of crawler dozer owners spend more than the purchase price on repairs over the machine’s lifetime, according to a 2008 survey.
- $667 billion was the total mining gross output in the U.S. in 2014. This number was $380 billion increases from the year 2009.
- The North American market for construction equipment in 2014 accounted for 21% of worldwide revenue.
- There were 659,000 mining employees in the U.S. by the fall of 2016.
- $687 billion was the spending by private construction companies in the year 2014.
- With expenditures exceeding $900 billion, the U.S. has the second largest construction market in the entire world.
Whether it is the recovery process from the largest flooding disasters in the country or a highway roads construction project, the heavy equipment industry is at the heart of most of the biggest jobs. With the right kind of heavy equipment accessories, construction companies can get the most of the machines that they use on a day to day basis.
Latest posts by Alice Stratt (see all)
- The Family Road Trip A Time for Forced Intimacy - December 11, 2017
- What To Look For When Buying a Muscle Car - November 21, 2017
- The Evolution of the Shelby Cobra A Top-of-the-Line Racing Car - November 11, 2017